Tenants and Users Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP)

Event Insurance for use of NIRMA County/Member Property & Facilities

What Is TULIP?

The TULIP is a Tenants’ and Users’ (Tenant User) Liability Insurance Policy, also known as “Events Coverage.”  NIRMA county/members who permit “third parties” to use their facilities for specific events can offer the TULIP for purchase at a competitive price to tenant/users/renters as a means of meeting the county/member’s liability insurance requirements.  It protects both the tenant/user/renter and the county/member against claims by third parties who may be injured or damage third party property at an event at a member venue or facility.  The specified county/member is listed as a certificate holder and policy limits apply for the insured event(s).

Events can range from very low-risk events, such as lectures, church services, civic club meetings, classroom seminars, receptions, weddings, to higher-risk events, including festivals and fairs, sports events or concerts.    IMPORTANT: Any activity not specifically listed in the “Event Type” drop down menu on Step 3 of the online application is not eligible for processing through the website. Contact the Program Administrator for additional underwriting review assistance (download the guide below for NIRMA Counties/Members). Costs for the facility users are based on the risk of the activity, the number of days of the activity, the number of participants, and if there are any special requirements including alcohol liability.

NIRMA recommends that all tenant/users who host events or programs at county/member facilities for a non-county/member event be insured for their liability.   The TULIP general liability insurance product is offered through the Program Administrator, AMBA, and underwritten by Tokio Marine HCC-Specialty Group (Houston Casualty).  Tenant/users are urged to provide evidence of such coverage (certificate of insurance) to the county/member office five business days prior to the event.  This requirement can be satisfied by purchasing a general liability insurance policy.  NIRMA does not endorse any one insurance company, as there are many choices.  The AMBA TULIP Program provides an option for tenant/users that meets the minimum NIRMA event insurance requirements.

How Do I Purchase Coverage (Tenant/User)?

  1. Visit www.venueliability.com/NIRMAmembers and select “I need coverage for my event”.  Then complete your event details, get a quote and submit your payment online.
  2. Once you have completed the application and provided payment, you will receive via email a Confirmation of Coverage and Certificate of Insurance. A copy will be sent to your county/member office or you can download proof of coverage from the insurance application website.
  3. For more information or questions, contact Lena Borski by email at lena.borski@amba.info by phone at 515-304-4912 or contact Houston Casualty.

Members can visit the Member TULIP page for information on registering and using TULIP.